Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A short rant about government employees PLUS a mini life update

Today was one of those days where you have not a worry in the world (temporarily because let's be real, I have TOO MANY things to worry about) and then one person comes along and brings you back to reality.  I woke up in my super comfortable bed, watched the last half of Inception with the man (his first time, loved it of course), showered, made delicious pizza, put Serendipity in and then got the phone call from the unemployment office.

Okay so I sent in my forms a little late (three days probably, felt bad but I was out of town, didn't have stamps, spilled liquid all over one of them........still my fault though) and the lady on the phone is quizzing me for a massive excuse about why they were late.  She claims they are 10 days late because they were due on the 7th.  I don't know how to explain to someone that a letter just doesn't show up the day you send it AKA I didn't send it 10 days late, it just took a few days with the weekend to get it through. (Also a mini rant here, but why are they still sending forms through the mail if they have a fully functional website where I originally signed up?? ANYWAY) After I told her a couple times about me sending them a few days late and still being interrogated as to the reason I couldn't make it to the post office, this lady tells me that the forms I sent in didn't change her decision about my benefits anyway so WHAT WAS THE POINT OF HARASSING ME ABOUT THE POSTAL SERVICE!!?  It doesn't seem like a big deal but it was her tone of voice and the way she repeated my answer back to me in a question.  She asked me the same thing so many times that twice I asked, "I'm having trouble understanding what to do next because you just keep asking the same thing, what should I do now?"

I try not to judge people before knowing them, and especially in a professional environment it is important not to talk to people like they are lying to you.

SO ANYWAY...

Since the last/first time I posted there have been so many bloggable events in my life and lots of yummy food consumed.  The plan is to upload all of my iPhone pictures and when I don't have wifi I can write up seperate reviews on many of the places I visited.  Keep your heads up for Simple Cafe, Cafe Centraal, Milwaukee Art Museum, Bar Louie, and Paddock Club (a bit of a drive but so SO worth it if you live near Plymouth).

I've spent most of the last 4 hours researching the ketogenic lifestyle and setting up myfitnesspal with the correct macros.  And I am harassing my mom into letting me borrow her food scale so I don't have to spend the $20 for a cheapo Walmart one.  More updates on that to come...(can't decide if I want my 'before' photos posted online but we'll see).

Monday I applied to 4 or 5 companies and yesterday I had a phone interview.  Things are looking up in that department, just not at the unemployment office.

PS: The Onion is hosting a Society of Free Beer event at the Riverwest Filling Station and I happen to love it there so add that to the bloggable list.

No comments:

Post a Comment